2015年1月30日星期五

It isn't possible for a newbie to grow business from scratch? Not true.

After losing my job a few month ago, I decided to start my own business by initially selling on eBay and eventually building my own website similar to IWOOT. Even better, I may find my own niche market in the future and adjust my business plan accordingly.

"It is impossible for a newbie to grow business from scratch." "eBay is a scam." "You can never earn serious money from eBay." "99% new ecommerce business die within 2 years." Blablabla... Enough. I know they are true, but it doesn't mean I can't make it happen with lots of cautious market testing, budget planning and self-educating. I have a full business plan and I know exactly what I am doing and where I am going.

I started to try eBay from December, 2014 and now have my own store on eBay: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/cozynovelty I am using this blog to record my grow path and will see where it will lead me to. 

All books I have read told me to find a niche market and stick to it. However, I find it's very difficult because I am not addicted to some particular products/brands or activities...Instead of spending millions of years looking for a "good niche market", I decided to start selling "good products", which means products I understand and are selling well online at the moment. Now at least I can start. 

At the moment, my main products include 3D printing pens & filaments, 3D Optical Illusion LED lighting, retro pipe table lamps, creative designed notebooks/diaries, nordic designed leggings, novelty toys, Chinese vegetarian food, etc. New products will be constantly added to the stock every 2 or 3 weeks.

I am happy to share all my experience, difficulties, achievements and failure here. This blog will become a story of my business life. Please leave your comment if you have any question or just simply follow me. Thank you for reading.  


没有评论:

发表评论