2015年2月20日星期五

Write A Letter From the Past

A letter from the past reveals who you really are
A letter from the past reveals who you really are
Have you ever received a letter from the past?

I roughly remember we were encouraged to write a letter to our future ourselves at the beginning of last year of high school. The teacher asked us to fold and seal our letters well and put them all in a big jar. She promised to return these letters to us one year later, after we finished the university entrance exam.


I am always a very suspicious person and I vaguely recalled my suspicious thought "Really? Will she keep her word? Will she peek at my secret letter? Would she even remember? Would she get a chance to return them to us if she indeed remembers?"


Instead of spending the whole class writing a letter like my classmates, I just wrote "I don't know why I'm writing this stupid thing because I know I may never receive it again." And it turned out I am right, I never got that letter. So much time had passed, I still wonder where is my bad-attitude letter and what she did to it.


Luckily, today we don't have to rely on any human beings to delivery a letter from the past. We can easily send an email to our future ourselves by setting up a time in the future. I have been using FutureMe.org for a few years. The website doesn't look very fancy, but it does work very well! 2 interesting facts you must have found if you had received a letter from the past:


1.You never felt as grow up as your younger self expected you to be.


2. Things went wrong. Actually, nothing ever went right!

For me, the biggest lesson I have learned from the letters I received from the past is NEVER demanding from my future self. People don't grow ups so fast. A few years won't change what kind of person you are and what things you fear or love. Instead, writing to your future self will be a good opportunity to remind your future self who you really are and whether you are being yourself all the time.


Finally, please just be happy about your future self no matter how much they vary from what you expect they would be. They are still yourselves.



没有评论:

发表评论